Are you tired of troublesome, stubborn belly fat? If you’re like me, your belly is one area of your body that’s consistently on your mind when it comes to weight loss. That’s why we’ve gone through to find the best exercises that burn belly fat and tone your tummy right in your own home!
I’m continuously on the hunt for amazing (aka fun and simple) workouts that I can easily access whether I’m at home or at the gym.
That’s why, today, we’re jumping back and giving you a few of our favorite (and even fun!) stomach workouts, that you can implement at home or at the gym to burn away that belly fat for good!
What Factors Contribute to Belly Fat?
Before we get started, it’s important to understand why we accumulate belly fat so that we prevent it from occurring! Believe it or not, there are several factors that cause those annoying folds. Sedentary lifestyle choices, lack of sleep and even stress can all contribute to a thickening of the waistline.
The one thing that’s great about these factors? We can change all of them!
These exercises will not only burn belly fat, but these simple tummy toning workouts can help reduce stress, (exercise has been proven to do just that), and help break any sedentary routines you’ve gotten into!
Below we cover the best exercises to burn belly fat right from home:
These awesome belly toning exercises target both the side and middle ab areas. They’re not only effective but have been known to really induce that “burn” and tone the tummy quickly. Check out some of my favs:
1.Bicycle Crunch Exercise:
Target Areas: Upper Abs, Lower Abs, Obliques, Glutes, Hamstrings and Quads
Sets: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Starting Position: Lay down with your hands behind your head and elbows pointed to the side
- Lift head and shoulders off the floor
- Push your right elbow across your body towards your left knee
- Cycle your feet as if on a bicycle and as you repeat the movement on the opposite side, push your left elbow towards your right knee
- To complete one rep, you need to do a crunch on both sides.
- You can continue the exercise by switching sides while moving your feet in a spinning motion until your set is done!
2. Tuck and Crunch|Legs In and Out Exercise:
Target Areas: Lower & Upper Abs, Glutes, Hamstrings and Quads
Sets: 2 sets of 20 reps
How to Perform this Exercise:
- Sit on the mat
- Starting Position: Place hands down behind you with palms flat down on the mat
- Lean back and lift your legs off the floor.
- Tuck in your legs
- Bring upper body close to your knees
3. Reverse Crunch:
- Lay on the mat all the way down
- Starting Position: Place hands flat down underneath your bottom
- Bend your knees a little or a lot depending on how challenging you want the exercise to be
- Point your toes
- Drawing your legs in toward the torso and up toward the ceiling
- Push your back into the air
- Back to starting position and repeat
4. Flutter Kicks:
Target Areas: Lower Abs, Upper Abs, Glutes, Hamstrings, and Quads.
2 sets of 20
How to Perform this Exercise:
- Lie down on a mat
- Starting Position: Place your hands alongside your hips
- Lift your legs up over your hips as straight as you can
- Bring your leg up over the top of your hip and over your chest
- Bring your leg almost all the way down almost touching the ground and then right back up again
- Make sure abs stay contracted, suck bellybutton in
- Breathe throughout
- Keep motion going and under control
5. Alternating Jackknives:
Target Areas: Lower Abs, Upper Abs, Glutes, Hamstrings, and Quads
How to perform this exercise:
- Starting Position: Lie down on a mat. Lay hands and feet out on the mat, hands over your head.
- Keep your back and neck straight in line with each other
- Begin by lifting your body up off the floor lifting your left arm at the same time your right leg lifts
- Your left hand should graze the right side of your ankle as your lifting
- Return to starting position
- Repeat with right arm lifting at the same time as the left leg
These crunches and ab workouts are an excellent way to ensure that even on days where the gym isn’t a possibility, you’re able to easily complete exercises that will burn belly fat and tone your tummy!
Do you have a favorite exercise that burns belly fat? Share with us below! Questions? Ask away! We’ll be sure to get back to you!