What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient art form that is focused on the unification of the internal with the external. Over the years, the practice of yoga has evolved and become more and more commonly used every day. There are various forms of yoga and people practice these forms based on their requirements and compatibilities.
One of the major reasons behind yoga evolving as a household name is because of the numerous benefits of the art form. Some of the benefits of this art form can be experienced by taking up courses like the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
Yoga has a huge number of benefits that include curing various diseases, reducing body fat, increasing flexibility, improving physical and mental health and so much more. The uses of yoga are already so huge in scope and some researchers think that it has many more benefits that are yet to be discovered. Although, yoga has tones of goodness in it, to achieve these benefits continuous practice over some time is imperative.
What is a hereditary disease?
Hereditary Diseases are a type of disease that is carried down to an individual through their heritage or family members. That means that these diseases run in one’s family and are usually carried down through generations. Hereditary diseases can be passed on either by one of the parents to the child or by both parents to the child.
Some common hereditary diseases include Thalassemia, Down Syndrome, Sickle cell Anemia, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, Huntington’s Disease, etc. Genetic disorders and other hereditary diseases also include occurrences of diabetes, diseases related to blood clotting, etc. There are various ways to prevent and treat hereditary diseases and to ensure that it does not affect the next generation and this article seeks to check such a method.
Is yoga effective for hereditary diseases?
Over the years, various researchers have tried to find out ways to combat and prevent hereditary diseases in individuals. These studies have shown that yoga is a very effective way to prevent and treat various kinds of hereditary diseases. The 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh offers various sessions to learn and practice diseases to help with hereditary diseases.
In this article, we will be discussing the various ways in which yoga is effective and can be used to prevent or treat certain hereditary diseases. However, it is important to notice that the effectiveness depends on the individual, the duration of practice and persistence, and also on the type of disease that the asana or yoga pose seeks to treat or prevent. Thus some of the ways to treat or prevent hereditary diseases through yoga are as follows:
- One very common hereditary disease is diabetes. Diabetes occurs in many adults and can usually be prevented by staying physically healthy and leading a positive lifestyle. Yoga helps tremendously in curing diabetes. Some yoga asanas like the Matsyasana Pose, the Reclining Bound Angle Pose, and the Cobra Pose can help prevent the occurrence and also help to reduce major diabetic occurrences’.
- A major cause of the occurrences’ of hereditary diseases in an individual can be due to underlying stress, obesity, depression, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Yoga is a way of living in the sense that various asanas, kriyas, and techniques in yoga help to improve physical health. These asanas like the pranayama, hatha yoga form, and various other poses help to increase the quality of life and reduce the occurrences’ of hereditary diseases like hypertension, cancer, thyroid, liver problem, etc.
- Various researches have shown that yoga is sometimes even able to alter an individual’s DNA to prevent the happenings of certain hereditary diseases. Some yoga asanas if done with the help of professionals and in a proper environment can bring about positive effects in one’s DNA and prevent or even reduce the occurrences of some genetic diseases.
- Therapeutic yoga is a type of yoga that is related to relaxing the mind and calming one’s consciousness. This type of yoga can be practiced at the Yoga School in Rishikesh and has clear signs of improving a variety of neurological disorders. Recently, this form of yoga is being very widely used to cure various nerve-related hereditary problems in people.
- Genetic diseases are usually caused by certain mutations in the genes of individuals. Even though numerous methods of treatment are available to treat these types of diseases, most of them are not able to effect or change the mutations that cause the genetic disorders. Yoga is one such method through which, an individual can hope to change their mutation disorders over time and thus prevent the occurrences’ of hereditary diseases.
- Certain memory and brain-related hereditary diseases can also be treated through the regular practice of yoga. For example, yoga poses like Padmasana, Halasana, Paschimottanasana, etc can help improve one’s brain health thus reducing the occurrences of brain-related hereditary diseases and sometimes even help cure them.
Thus from the above points, it can be seen that yoga indeed affects in preventing and even treating certain hereditary diseases, based on their stage, the individuals’ immunity, and the duration of practice.