When the tissue inside the uterus, known as the endometrium starts growing outside the uterus, the condition is termed as endometriosis. It disturbs your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. Weight gain, irregular and unpredictable periods, pelvic and abdominal pain and bowel problems are some of the side effects of endometriosis.
If you have endometriosis, the best and most effective solution is to consult a good doctor. This is the only thing which will help you to accurately diagnose your symptoms and control them too. There are home remedies available too, but these should be tried only after checking in with a doctor.
How to manage endometriosis?
Dealing with the symptoms and pain of endometriosis is not an easy thing to do. You have to make lifestyle changes and alter your priorities if you seriously want to deal with this condition. But keep in mind that this is all for your long term wellbeing. Endometriosis can be taxing on your emotional and physical health, So it is best to not ignore it and give due importance to its treatment.
Fortunately, there are numerous ways that can help you to control the pain and side effects of endometriosis. Some of these tips are as follows.
- Eat a serving of fruits and vegetables everyday- Adding fruits and vegetables in your diet is healthy and good in many ways. Many recent studies prove that consuming fruits and vegetables daily and reducing the consumption of red meat can lower the possibility or development of endometriosis. Fruits and veggies are rich in fibre and make you feel satiate for a long time, hence avoiding snacking and overeating. They are also good for our overall brain, joint and organ health.
- Regular exercise- Keeping your body physically active makes your body stronger and increases your threshold of tolerating pain. Exercising and working out makes sure that your muscles and organs get ample supply of oxygen. It also boosts detoxing and lymphatic drainage. Also, exercising releases endorphins, and this makes you feel positive and happy.
- Destress- Symptoms of endometriosis are made worse because of stress. It triggers a never ending cycle of worry and pain. Find within yourself the way which helps you to manage stress best, and try to relax your mind.
- Drink sufficient fluids everyday- Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day has multiple benefits. When you drink plenty of water, the risk of bloating is reduced which is a common side effect of endometriosis. It can also control cramping and improve your overall wellness. That is why, one must have at least eight glasses of water everyday.
How can you manage pain of endometriosis at home?
Although it might not be possible to eliminate the pain of endometriosis at home completely, there are some things which you can do from the comfort of your home to manage the symptoms. It has been seen that home remedies for treating pain of endometriosis can prove to be substantially effective.
Some things which you can try for controlling the symptoms of endometriosis are listed below.
- Try fomentation bottle for pain: Endometriosis can cause severe, chronic pelvic and abdominal pain. The scarring and abnormal tissues create tension which triggers a sharp pain. Using a hot water bottle for fomentation can help to relieve this pain. You can also take hot baths and saunas for relief. Heated packs can also be used on the back to reduce tension in the spine.
- Have a healthy lifestyle- if you take care of your body by lowering your alcohol consumption, and stop binge drinking and smoking, you will notice that your body feels better and detoured.
- Try acupuncture- Many researches have shown that acupuncture can be effective to manage the pain caused by endometriosis.
Treatment for Endometriosis- Hysterectomy
In order to treat endometriosis permanently, two surgical procedures are considered- hysterectomy and oophorectomy. Oophorectomy is the surgical procedure for removal of ovaries, while hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus and cervix.
To treat a more severe and advanced stage of endometriosis, a hysterectomy is performed. In this procedure, the uterus, and in some cases, the cervix too, is removed. This surgery is permanent and irreversible once a woman has undergone hysterectomy, she won’t be able to conceive her entire life.
Consult the best gynecologist for treating Endometriosis
At Pristyn Care, the gynaecologists are dedicated to providing you the best possible treatment and help to relieve you from endometriosis. After consultation, you will be suggested lifestyle changes and medications to curb the symptoms. Along with this, you can also be given pain receiving medicines and contraceptives of oral nature. This is because oral contraceptives and birth control pills regulate hormones and give relief from menstrual cramps.
The team of doctors of Pristyn Care is always here for you to help you through the maze of endometriosis. Make an appointment with Pristyn Care today and consult with our expert team of doctors who will help you to lead a pain free life.